Roles & Responsibilities:
Embedded in the scrum team working close to developers contributing with the design and review of the software development activities by enabling test automation into the development process.
Providing daily feedback and constant communication on the new features/functionalities and ensuring the quality of the product.
Reporting accordingly and following the scrum methodology implemented by the client. Request/Generate the test data required for testing activities
- Attend user story grooming sessions, review stories, provide time estimates
- Highlight Dependencies and Blockers
- Identify preconditions & Support to clear the Definition of Done
- Work closely with Dev to understand tech designs/requirements
- Start creating Automated tests and maintain Automation progress.
- Communicate and review the finalized test case design within the Scrum Team and seek sign off from BSA.
- Enhance Automation and get ready for in Sprint execution of Progression & Regression
- Execute tests & Report results and document the results
- Defect Tracking
- Execute Regression suite
- Participate in Scrum Rituals
- Update SDET Internal Tracker with actual delivered tests
- Update SDET coordinator regarding the scope, outcomes & impediments
- Preferred specific Skills: o Having end to end understanding of Commerce platform functional components integration and operation
- Sound understanding of enterprise sales order life cycle ▪ Day 1???? Sales ???? fulfillment ????Acquisition ???? Provisioning ???? Commissioning ???? Billing & Invoicing ▪ Day 2 ???? Sales ???? fulfillment ????Acquisition ???? Provisioning ???? Commissioning ???? Billing & Invoicing ( Day 2 Includes - Renewals, Migrations, Exchanges, Returns, Refunds & Cancellations) ▪ Direct Fulfillment, Order Management, Equipment & Inventory Management ▪ Offer, Promotions and Campaign Management ▪ Channels system and various origin of sales
- Sound understanding of platforms dependencies on various downstream WLS/WLN systems
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Able to implement Test Strategies within sprint by working closely with Scrum Teams, Architect, E2E Primes, Release Architect, UAT and vendor partners
- Able to visualize and plan well ahead for various stages of STLC (Requirement Analysis, Test Data setup, Env Setup (Sandbox, Downstream dependencies etc), Test Planning, Test Case Creation, Test Execution, Defect Management & Reporting, Status Reporting
- Having sound understanding of scaled Agile model & DevOps. Proponent of ‘Continuous improvements’.
- Ability to support modification of Test Strategies as per changing priorities around business capabilities, and quickly adjusting the Test Approach to the changing surrounding situations.
- Should try to optimize the testing efforts – Team up with Architect, Release Architect and E2E Prime and smartly shred the redundancy in E2E testing activities without impacting or risking the quality and coverage prior to production release. Must make sure that maximum functional capabilities are tested as part of sprint, to avoid carry over to E2E test cycle.
- Must support and propagate the Quality Engineering practices on regular basis, such that maximum Progression & Regression coverage happens through Automation within sprint.
- Experienced SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test). This means, the role requires sound understanding of various Automation tools (Preferred – Selenium WebDriver (for UI), Groovy in Soap Pro (for SOAP and Rest Services) , Karate (for API)). Must also have experience in setting up Automation framework (using TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Oracle DB etc)
- Understanding of script-less Automation tools (Such as Tosca (For UI), Worksoft (For UI)) is bonus
Preferred Leadership skills:
- Demonstrate the ability to take the QE related inputs from leadership and help in implementing the same within scrum. The role requires interaction, mentoring and coaching of the embedded junior SDETs to keep them focused towards Quality Engineering best practices and delivering quality rich shippable products
- The Lead SDET will be responsible to make sure that the junior SDETs are cross skilled, and are able to collaborate and work on the stories identified within the sprint
- The Lead SDET must ensure that right & complete system knowledge is being shared with every Junior SDETs, to maintain quality consistency of scrum deliverables
- Demonstrate collaboration while working with the Architect, Release Architect, E2E Primes & UAT on Test Strategies
- Must sense the risks timely and mitigate it accordingly. For example - For critical projects & releases, must be able to identify the downstream systems making changes or Env dependencies, which can impact scrum delivery timelines and Testing approach. Should highlight any such risks to Scrum team/ Architect/Release Architect immediately.
- Solution seeker with innovative inputs. Problem mitigation and solving experiences
- Take lead during the crisis
- Establish strong working relations and ethics with peers and Management, to boost the ‘positive scrum delivery outcomes’ throughout the year
- Strong and Effective Communication skills o Contribute towards developing a High Performance scrum team throughout the tenure.